Mapuche Organizations in Chile Call for Preparatory Meeting on Pope Francisco’s Visit to the Mapuche Territory, Wallmapuche January 2018
1. The organizations of the Mapuche People, will convene a preparatory meeting on July 19, 2017, in the city of Temuco, Chile, on the occasion of the visit of Pope Francisco to Mapuche, Wallmapuche during the month of January 2018.
2. For the organizations of the Mapuche people the visit of the Pontiff is a great opportunity to highlight the situation in which the indigenous peoples are immersed and in particular the situation of the Mapuche people both those who live in the jurisdiction of the states of Chileand Argentina Puel Mapu.
3. From a historical point of view, the Catholic Church applied the “Doctrine of Discovery” and its consequences are still fully in force, especially regarding the capture, confiscation and occupation of the territories of Indigenous Peoples and their resources.
4. The visit of the Pontiff would allow a dialogue to be developed with great closeness, considering that he is on public record regarding of the military coercive acts of the Chilean army called “Pacification of the Araucania” and the “Conquest of the Desert” committed by the Argentine Army. These facts constituted a Crime Against Humanity, as well as the capture, confiscation and occupation of the Mapuche territory and its resources, however, both States have omitted their responsibility in these undeniable facts.
5. We will dialogue with the Pontiff on the application of the doctrine of the negation that the Mapuche people and their rights have been object of the Chilean State and that has continued with the politics of domestication and colonialism that do not conform to the new norms Of international law that recognizes the fundamental rights of Indigenous Peoples, including the right of self-determination. In this sense, we will inform Pope Francis that the Mapuche have taken the firm decision to exercise the right to self-determination and that we will form a Mapuche government under the protection of international law.
6. We will put on record with the Pope the current situation of the Mapuche people, regarding the militarization of our ancestral territory, the implementation of the Anti-terrorist Law, the situation of political prisoners, the threat posed by the economic model and especially the uncontrolled activities of forest companies with the monoculture of radiata pine and eucalyptus, the absence of mitigation measures to climate changealthough this situation poses a threat to Indigenous Peoples.
7. Pope John Paul II on the occasion of the 500th anniversary of the arrival of the Europeans to Abya Yala [the Americas] apologized to the Indigenous Peoples. This act had its significance, however, did not help to change the situation of the Indigenous Peoples of the Hemisphere. From this situation we now hope that Pope Francisco supports a call for “compensation” and a “reparations” for the Crime Against Humanity committed against the Mapuche People and for the capture, confiscation and occupation of its territory and its resources.
8. We recall that the Original Nations of Indigenous Peoples of Abya Yala [Americas], have maintained and raised at different historical moments their firm interest in realizing a direct communication with the Vatican in order to develop a dialogue on the participation of the Church during the era of conquest and the subsequent participation in the formation of the emerging American republics from which the current situation of systemic violation of Indigenous Peoples rights derives.
9. During the visit of Pope Francis to the Mapuche or Wallmapuche territory, we will convene an International Meeting of the Original Nations of Indigenous Peoples of Abya Yala to convey a joint message on the urgent need to revoke the “Doctrine of Discovery” in order to change the relation of domestication and colonialism that persists for the Indigenous Peoples in the hemisphere.
AUCAN HUILCAMAN PAILLAMA
International Affairs Advisor
Council of All Lands, Mapuche Nation
Wallmapuche, Pukem Kuyen, Temuco, Chile
July 13 de Julio 13, 2017
Wednesday July 9, 2017
NOTE: The Vatican has announced that Pope Francis will be visiting Colombia from September 6-11, 2017. The Continental Commission Abya Yala is meeting now in Colombia preparing an agenda of decolonization, in accord with the criteria of United Nations General Assembly Resolution 1514 (1960). The Vatican as a member state of the UN is obligated to comply with the international mandate of decolonization under UN1514 and should the Vatican as a UN member state not fulfill this obligation and continue to be complicit in the “nefarious” pogrom of normalization of the Doctrine of Discovery of Christendom instituted via the Papal Bulls INTER CAETERA of Pope Alexander VI in 1493, complicity in the international Crime Against Humanity of Genocide and Colonization would be the case to be denounced, and the call to justice for the Original Nations of Indigenous Peoples in continental indigenous uprising.
September 23, 2015
Lenape Nation Territories
REAFFIRMING OUR ANCESTRAL RESPONSIBILITIES TO MOTHER EARTH AND TO ONE ANOTHER
DISMANTLING the DOCTRINE of DISCOVERY
CONTINENTAL COMMISSION ABYA YALA
Read at the Wampum Lot in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
We have been called to the lands of the Lenape to unite and reaffirm our ancestral responsibilities as caretakers of Mother Earth in a time of severe climate change.
We stand together today to reaffirm our ancestral responsibilities to Mother Earth and to one another as original Nations. This coalition, and the agreements we have made among our collective Nations will further unite us in our efforts as we stand together to fight colonialism and its lasting effects.
We as Indigenous Peoples and Nations are the original caretakers of the land and have lived here since time immemorial. We, like our Ancestors have agreed to continue to fulfill this responsibility in peace and friendship with all other nations.
As caretakers of Mother Earth we acknowledge and recognize the ongoing impacts of climate change which affects us all, and that the most severe impacts will befall future generations. The denial of this reality by political leaders at the highest level in the world today amounts to the criminal violations of the human rights of future generations which we will not allow to continue.
As a coalition of nations of indigenous peoples that have agreed to work together, we are calling again to our younger brothers of the immigrant settler republics of the Americas to recognize the collective trauma of colonization, and the ongoing destruction to the natural world which has brought the human species to the threat of extinction.
This coalition and any agreements made between our respective nations will further unite us in our efforts to stand together in addressing the ongoing colonization in our territories and its lasting effects.
As children of Mother Earth may we all find the courage and vision to address these challenging issues in peace, friendship, and justice.
(Article continued below)
Continental Indigenous Uprising Fall Equinox September 23, 2015
Implementation of a planetary system of geo-spatial capacity and interactivity that would bring to effectiveness the necessary mechanisms of geographic and cosmetric mapping systems of the Natural World, beyond the intellectual constraints of colonialism (The Doctrine of Discovery) and the derivative regimes of domination, in order to serve as a platform of exchange, cognition, and education with purpose: To defend and protect the Human Rights of the Future Generations and the Territorial Integrity of Mother Earth and the Traditional Territories of the Nations of Indigenous Peoples.
Architectures of the States
Continental Commission Abya Yala
Lenape Nation Territories